Thursday, November 4, 2010

James Jean



http://thelittlechimpsociety.com/2009/05/lcs-interview-james-jean/


To start with I just want to mention that nearly every time I’ve asked one of my interviewees who there favourite living illustrators and artists are your name seems to always pop up regardless of their influences. So my first question is how does it feel to be the Brad Pitt of the illustration world and how did it happen?

I was discovered by Ralph Bakshi when he cast me in Cool World. But before I started adopting children from developing nations and giving them mo-hawks, I painted covers for Fables, published by Vertigo comics. I lived for a year by doing one cover a month while receiving some attention for my work through my website. Then the editorial work started coming in, and a few years later, more book cover and advertising work as well. By then, I had accumulated some awards for my comic cover and illustration work, and my work continued to spread on the internets.

I used to read the Fables graphic novels, his artwork is one of the best parts about it. His subject matter often interests me, people wearing veils, being in trances, you name it, he's probably done it.

I bought his book, Kindle, for my ex-boyfriend, he said it was the best gift he's ever recieved. It really is a beautiful book. Every little thing about his books and artwork in general, every detail matters. They are stunning. He's a very hard worker.

my favorite


Secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment