Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gerard Bourgeois Paintings

I chose to follow Alex Kanevsky with Gerard Bourgeois. I just found him recently surfing the internet and love his technique. He's similar to Kanevsky with the way they both apply paint conveying strong movement.

Here's a blog post about him I found: Gregg Chadwick blog







The blog mentioned something I found interesting, these paintings aren't model and artist formally in a studio like I imagined. It's his wife, "Gerard's work is extremely sophisticated, notice the nuances of hip and shoulder, yet these paintings ring true emotionally. Based on intimate moments with his wife, the paintings in this exhibition are not mere exercises involving painter and model, but instead portray an intimacy normally found in the cinema." -Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment